Face ID on iPhone 13 Pro

For some reason, my Face ID on my phone doesn't work. I have had to reset it two times in the last month. Why would this happen?

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:42 PM

Try the instructions in the following guides to address the Face ID issues that you are having. It would have been nice if you had posted the issues in details.

👉 If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

👉 If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the guides, above, do not help resolve the Face ID issues, then contact 👉 Official Apple SupportOR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 1:42 PM in response to Richard Thomas

Try the instructions in the following guides to address the Face ID issues that you are having. It would have been nice if you had posted the issues in details.

👉 If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

👉 If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the guides, above, do not help resolve the Face ID issues, then contact 👉 Official Apple SupportOR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Apr 23, 2023 3:36 PM in response to Axel Foley

Sorry I didn’t provide more details. I set up Face ID, then when I try to use it, I keep getting “Face not recognized.” Can’t even get into passwords without having to try Face ID 2 or 3 times, then have to put password in to access passwords in settings. When I try to put my AZ driver’s license in the wallet, after scanning in the info, it says to continue with Face ID…then it doesn’t recognize my face. Very frustrating. Could this have something to do with the latest IOS update?

Apr 23, 2023 4:31 PM in response to Richard Thomas

The issue that you are having with Face ID is not known to have occurred just from the iOS update.

I recommend that you reset Face ID function on your iPhone by opening Settings ➡️ Face ID & Passcode ➡️ Reset Face ID. The iPhone will then have you set up Face ID like it did the first time. Hopefully a reset is all it needs to get the Face ID functioning properly again.

Axel F.

Face ID on iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.