Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Hey Siri, "What's the weather?" Siri replies, "I found this on the web."

As the title states, every time I ask about the weather, this is the response I get. I am on iPhone 11 running the latest version of iOS 16. I think 16.4.1.

I have read through some of the responses here and have tried all and none has helped.

When I don't give location access and ask about the weather, like location is on but Siri can't access location, then ask about the weather in a specific location, I get a response. When I grant location access, and ask the same question, I get that "I found this on the web" shenanigans.

What's wrong!?

OMG! Or even worse! It defines weather!? AJFDPOAWEHNVCAPO

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 10:41 AM

OK, the issue may well be your location!

From the following article:

Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app - Apple Support

“Some features aren't currently available in every country or region.”

”Some features” may, of course, include Siri’s understanding, putting aside the fact the weather in Nairobi is known.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 10:41 AM in response to es_purpura

OK, the issue may well be your location!

From the following article:

Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app - Apple Support

“Some features aren't currently available in every country or region.”

”Some features” may, of course, include Siri’s understanding, putting aside the fact the weather in Nairobi is known.

Apr 23, 2023 2:37 PM in response to es_purpura

I really don’t understand if/how you’re granting location access. You also have not told us if the I found this on the web” response includes a valid location specific response.

When in doubt, I suggest granting location access.

es_purpura wrote:
AJFDPOAWEHNVCAPO

I have absolutely no clue what this means, if anything.

And be certain everything is “on” at Settings > Weather > Siri & Search.

Hey Siri, "What's the weather?" Siri replies, "I found this on the web."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.