How to stop someone from accessing my pictures and videos

How can I stop someone from accessing my pictures and videos.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 5:12 PM

nana1986 wrote:

No one can START accessing your pictures or videos unless you authorize them to. They must know your Apple ID and password, and, if you have 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID you would have to approve the access.

Use this link for further instructions→Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts - Apple Support

The only other possibility is that you created shared albums and shared them with people. Open Photos and click on Shared Albums.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 5:12 PM in response to nana1986

nana1986 wrote:

No one can START accessing your pictures or videos unless you authorize them to. They must know your Apple ID and password, and, if you have 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID you would have to approve the access.

Use this link for further instructions→Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts - Apple Support

The only other possibility is that you created shared albums and shared them with people. Open Photos and click on Shared Albums.

Apr 23, 2023 5:10 PM in response to nana1986

• Do not share your Apple ID with anyone. If you believe that your Apple ID has been compromised, then change the password to your Apple ID by opening Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at top) ➡️ Password & Security ➡️ Change Password.
  • Do not share your iPhone’s passcode with anyone. If you have been or are sharing the passcode to your to unlock your iPhone then change it by opening Settings ➡️ Face ID & Passcode ➡️ Change Passcode.
  • Do not hand your unlocked iPhone to anyone.

The three points above are crucial to your personal data security on your iPhone.

Axel F.

Apr 23, 2023 5:08 PM in response to nana1986

nana1986 Said:

"How can I stop someone from accessing my pictures and videos."

-------

Secure your Apple Account:

You need to verify your devices, and make sure that only you have access to it. So, consider starting with changing your Apple ID password.

1. Verify your Credentials:

Login in here to reveal the credentials associated to your Apple AccountManage your Apple ID - Apple.

2. Modify your Credentials:

Secure your Apple Account. Keep a handwritten, hardcopy of your credentials stored in a location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. What to Do:

How to stop someone from accessing my pictures and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.