Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Dual sim label on incoming calls

Hi,

I have an iphone 12 with dual sim. One is business labeled, and one is personal labeled. My problem is that no matter on which sim i am getting a phone call, it always shows personal label.

Thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 1:11 AM

11 replies

Apr 24, 2023 1:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

I understand how it was supposed to work. I believe its a bug, as i have tested it and called myself on both numbers multiple times and its always showing only the personal label. No matter which of the 2 phone numbers i am calling, its always showing the personal label. Even if a number that is not in my contact list is calling my business number, i still get personal label.

Apr 24, 2023 1:24 AM in response to MDKC

That is not possible.

When you receive a call look for the symbols, in my case it is A (Airtel) and B (BSNL) Symbol (Indication Voice Line A & B) prefixes to the call. Watch the GIF below for both B and A-lines.

Probably you are referring to the "Family" and "Mobile" labels that are not what you should look for.

If you have labeled it as Personal and Business then you will see P and B respectively.

Jan 31, 2024 7:23 AM in response to SravanKrA

Absolutely IS POSSIBLE. My clients even show as a B (for business) but calls go through the default number and caller id number which is my personal line (P). Even if I have them assigned as business and personal in my contacts. I have even deleted the text chain, started a NEW message on business line and it ALWAYS DEFAULT TO PERSONAL LINE - which is the actual "default" setting on my phone. If I change the number to B as default the no matter what i send (even assigned with personal) goes Business. It is ridiculous and also boosted to engineering. Makes it impossible to keep personal numbers and business numbers separate.

Feb 28, 2024 12:18 PM in response to skaushik74

I've been having this problem forever, Verizon couldn't figure it out and 6 "Geniuses" worked on it at an Apple Store and they had it escalated to engineering and still nothing is working the way it's supposed to with the dual SIM caller ID. I have two different outgoing announcements one for business and one for personal and no matter which number is called the personal outgoing announcement is the only one answering.

Dual sim label on incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.