Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Google Sign in prompt - not fixed. Apple pls do something.

I have tried multiple times to stop the google sign in prompt on safari and other sites searched /navigated to , on Safari. My OS and Safari are up to date.

I have read all the guidance and carefully follow:

Go to Security. 

Find the "Google Account sign-in prompts" toggle. 

Turn it off.

This does not work and the fact it does not is evil and obnoxious.

The above screenshot is proof of following the available instructions. Apple pls save us from this Google nonsense. Contacting Google is impossible and it is interfering with my OS and IOS experience.

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 1:08 PM

I do not have a Google account. I closed my Google account long ago and I have not used Gmail in years. I don't use anything Google, yet I still get several prompts to sign in with Google every day. I am sick of it and I'm sick of Google. Please Apple, help us.

Similar questions

37 replies

Apr 24, 2023 7:15 PM in response to Barney-15E

If I may jump in here:

The screenshot is from the Security section of his Google account. In the state shown, it should prevent Google from displaying alerts stating that one can sign in with their Google account.

In my opinion, it a ploy by Google to gain access to browsing data while on that site. I can understand why the OP is frustrated.

Hope this helps.

Jan 2, 2024 10:21 AM in response to jeanine190

jeanine190 wrote:

I’ve been using an iPhone since 2006. I am on an iPhone 13 I being told to go on an android device to fix any problems that are going on on my iPhone why is that

The problem is that Google wants you to always be signed into their services so they can track your activities and make money from the ads they display to you. To avoid this, you would want to remove or not use any Google services such as search engine or gmail. Going to another device to solve the issue that requires a Google log in sounds like advice from Google.

Mar 26, 2024 3:07 PM in response to apple records

I never saw these annoying prompts until we shut down our in-home business. That meant the email addresses we had that were using our domain name were going away, and we needed to create new ones. Which we wanted to do anyway.

Here's the problem. These ads appear if you have any services on your Mac that use Google's sign-in service. And the main one most people have are a Gmail account.

And here's the bigger problem. You can't use the option in your Google account to turn sign-in prompts off without disabling your Gmail access. If you do turn it off, you can then no longer send or receive emails on that account. Your email client will prompt you to fix the account, which means turning the "option" back on.

Nice Catch-22 Google has in there, isn't it?

Nov 20, 2023 1:21 PM in response to curnla

curnla wrote:

I do not have a Google account. I closed my Google account long ago and I have not used Gmail in years. I don't use anything Google, yet I still get several prompts to sign in with Google every day. I am sick of it and I'm sick of Google. Please Apple, help us.

Apple is not here, and since Apple has no control over websites they did not create and do not host, they cannot help.

As I wrote:

John Galt wrote:
Apple has nothing to do with it. Read Google Popup Signing Prompt - How stop it? - Apple Community

Arguably, not even Google has anything to do with it. Websites are free to implement whatever sign-in options they choose to implement — Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, others for all I know — all offer their own separate "Sign in with..." web page options.

For some reason people are complaining the loudest about Google. I wonder why... 🙄

Google Sign in prompt - not fixed. Apple pls do something.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.