Can't delete individual places in Maps

I am new to using a Mac. I created a list of places. Using it for work and listing service calls. I cannot figure out how to delete just a single place. This seems a bit strange. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

iMac 24″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:56 AM

Hi SWHayward,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to delete a favorite location in Maps. This article explains how: Save a favorite location in Maps on Mac - Apple Support.

"Delete a favorite location

• In the Maps app  on your Mac, Control-click a location (in the sidebar below Favorites), then choose Remove from Favorites."

This article explains how to remove a pin if needed: Mark a location with a pin in Maps on Mac - Apple Support.

"Remove a pin

You can remove a pin that you drop.

1. In the Maps app  on your Mac, scroll in the map to show the location you marked with a pin.
  2. Choose Edit > Remove Pin.
  3. You can also Control-click a pin, then choose Remove Pin."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 6:56 AM in response to SWHayward

Hi SWHayward,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to delete a favorite location in Maps. This article explains how: Save a favorite location in Maps on Mac - Apple Support.

"Delete a favorite location

• In the Maps app  on your Mac, Control-click a location (in the sidebar below Favorites), then choose Remove from Favorites."

This article explains how to remove a pin if needed: Mark a location with a pin in Maps on Mac - Apple Support.

"Remove a pin

You can remove a pin that you drop.

1. In the Maps app  on your Mac, scroll in the map to show the location you marked with a pin.
  2. Choose Edit > Remove Pin.
  3. You can also Control-click a pin, then choose Remove Pin."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Can't delete individual places in Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.