Reminders not syncing automatically from iPhone to Watch

Hi Community. Here is a breakdown of my issue with the Reminders app:

1. Created a new reminder on the Reminders app on my iPhone 14 Pro Max running the latest firmware.
  2. Checked the Reminders app on my Watch Ultra (running the latest firmware) and I don't see the newly created reminder there. I have to force close the Reminders app and open it again to see it. It should update automatically, right?
  3. I tried creating a new reminder on my Ultra and it does sync and display on my iPhone. But the weird part is I still don't see the reminder I created on my iPhone on my Watch.

I uninstalled the Reminders app and reinstalled it to no avail. Reset Sync & Turning off/on Background App Refresh and Notifications as well didn't work.

Any suggestions?

TIA

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:26 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 25, 2023 6:47 AM in response to arjrluap

Same or similar issue. I have always used reminders with iCloud, and use them on my phone, watch, and Mac. Everything is fine with the Mac and iPhone, but the reminders app on my new watch is maintaining its own reminders list, independent of the iCloud reminders. I'll try to unpair and repair it but I have my doubts because I'm using two watches (an Ultra and a Series 8) and they both have the same issue.

Reminders not syncing automatically from iPhone to Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.