Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Zooming the clips in the browser

I have a few very long videos I need to pull 5 sec clips from. It's always hard to do this, because when you select a section, you can't just get a short clip because you're inherently zoomed out too far. I know I can just drop the whole thing on the timeline and get what I want, but does anyone know if there is a way to zoom the clips in the browser? I imagine it's not possible, but just thought I'd ask. I don't mean make them easier to see in the browser - I mean zoom in on the timeline.

Thanks,

Johnny

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 11:58 AM

I am bit late, but I think it is still worth mentioning the "reverse favoriting" trick that I learned from Steve Martin of rippletraining:

when selecting small pieces from a very long clip, it is easier to make a temporary project, add the long clip;

make the desired selections in the timeline, then Shift-F to reveal in browser, and F to Favorite (or add keywords, or reject or whatever you like). Much easier to zoom in and out of the timeline, and much easier to do precise selections.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 11:58 AM in response to brickyardwest

I am bit late, but I think it is still worth mentioning the "reverse favoriting" trick that I learned from Steve Martin of rippletraining:

when selecting small pieces from a very long clip, it is easier to make a temporary project, add the long clip;

make the desired selections in the timeline, then Shift-F to reveal in browser, and F to Favorite (or add keywords, or reject or whatever you like). Much easier to zoom in and out of the timeline, and much easier to do precise selections.

Zooming the clips in the browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.