Paramount Subscription not recognized / Shows don't appear in Up Next on Apple TV

All, there is a closed thread on this, but wanted to let you know I found the fix. On your Apple TV go to:

Settings => Apps and under APP SETTINGS press TV

Scroll down to "CONNECT TO TV" section and keep scrolling to see a list of apps. In this section there are two apps for Paramount:

• "Paramount Network"
  • "Paramount+"

Press to turn On "Paramount+".

Now my Paramount favorites show up in the Up Next shelf on the Apple TV.

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 11:49 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 9, 2024 4:53 AM in response to Lian22

I don’t have an Apple TV, but I have a smart TV. Any suggestions?

The Apple TV app on third party devices can access Apple TV app in-app channels, but not subscriptions as started in the content provider app or with the content provider directly. If you started the subscription outside the Apple TV app, then you will have use the content provider app instead.

Note that some devices get the specialized Apple TV+ app (instead of the full Apple TV app), which doesn’t support in-app channels; it is for Apple TV+, MLS, and FNB, not other in-app channels. Which edition is available to you, is unfortunately not user choice, but device manufacturer choice, and may differ by model.

May 16, 2023 6:57 PM in response to ccripe

I only have “Paramount+” option and it is tuned on.

If I go into the app itself, my subscription is recognized.

If I go through “Up Next” on the Apple TV, it takes me to a screen that says “Subscribe to Paramount+”.

There is also an option on that screen to go to the Paramount+ app. When I choose that it does open the app and play, but this is a new glitch that won’t let me access the shows directly through Apple TV’s up next.

Mar 25, 2024 6:08 AM in response to ccripe

In Maryland, near Annapolis. Have the same problem as described with Samaung TV—but with a Vizio TV that has a ROKU Steaming Stick 4 to enable APPs. I used to be able to get Paramount+ on this TV, but Roku dropped multiple apps from its line up in Feb 2024. Now I can no longer use the Paramount + app even though the App is still available. When I try to use the app, the app says that this part of the USA is not serviced by Parammount+!! For a while I could watch it on my laptop, but only in the mornings and early afternoons. Why is it that I can use hthe app any time on my iPhones?

Thanks.

[Edited by Moderator]

Paramount Subscription not recognized / Shows don't appear in Up Next on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.