Battery and Recently Deleted apps

I don’t know what it is or if I’m just being paranoid but when checking my phone battery time I noticed that it has 1m screen time on a recently deleted app, but I don’t remember deletIng any apps, what is going on?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:27 AM

Nonamejelly wrote:

Well nobody is ever around my phone, the only thing I can think of is if there was a key logger virus on my iPhone but idk since I only clicked a suspicious link on accident and quickly left it, and I erased my phone three times so who knows.

Yes, we do know. Unless your phone has been jailbroken, there is no keylogger. It's simply not possible. Deleting an app and forgetting that you did is orders of magnitude more likely. Another possibility is that you have the phone set to automatically remove apps you don't use very often. The data for the apps is still stored so that if you want to use the app again, you haven't lost anything.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 6:27 AM in response to Nonamejelly

Nonamejelly wrote:

Well nobody is ever around my phone, the only thing I can think of is if there was a key logger virus on my iPhone but idk since I only clicked a suspicious link on accident and quickly left it, and I erased my phone three times so who knows.

Yes, we do know. Unless your phone has been jailbroken, there is no keylogger. It's simply not possible. Deleting an app and forgetting that you did is orders of magnitude more likely. Another possibility is that you have the phone set to automatically remove apps you don't use very often. The data for the apps is still stored so that if you want to use the app again, you haven't lost anything.

Apr 25, 2023 2:31 PM in response to Nonamejelly

This is completely normal. This may be due to an app that has been updated, It can also be a web page that has been recognized as an app.

The battery statistics can sometimes be wrong, whether the app has been deleted or simply updated. It corrects itself, and no matter what, statistics older than 10 days disappear. So unless someone has had access to your iPhone and they know your Passcode, you have nothing to worry about.

Battery and Recently Deleted apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.