Airpod Pro 2nd gen

My wife and I both tried the 'fit test' and nothing "fit" with the new Airpod Pro 2nd Gen we just bought. We tried to turn this way than that way the airpods, all the 4 different sizes. All the time, for both of us, it kept saying try adjusting or another tip... Neither ear fit any of the tips. Which is kind of strange. Is there anyone who's ears fit? Or are we doing something wrong? Does anyone have any tips on "adjusting" for a better fit?

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 3:28 AM

You should be able to find a good fit for at least one airpod with 4 different tips and 4 ears to try. That makes me suspect a hardware problem.

Choose your AirPods Pro ear tips and use the Ear Tip Fit Test - Apple Support

As your AirPods Pro are new and recently purchased, you should be still within Apple's 12 month warranty. Contact Apple Support for more assistance and arrange to get the AirPods checked or replaced.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 3:28 AM in response to réka113

You should be able to find a good fit for at least one airpod with 4 different tips and 4 ears to try. That makes me suspect a hardware problem.

Choose your AirPods Pro ear tips and use the Ear Tip Fit Test - Apple Support

As your AirPods Pro are new and recently purchased, you should be still within Apple's 12 month warranty. Contact Apple Support for more assistance and arrange to get the AirPods checked or replaced.

Apr 25, 2023 3:23 AM in response to réka113

Hey reka113,

Hmm that's quite odd, but is not uncommon. My suggestion would be to use the EarTips that you and your wife find most comfortable regardless of what the "AirPods Fit-Test" says. Sometimes it just doesn't work properly. I don't think you are doing anything wrong with your AirPods, I just think it's a malfunction on Apple's part.

Hope this helps bro! :D

Airpod Pro 2nd gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.