How do I stop Apple.com/bill 866-712-7753 from charging my credit card

How do I stop Apple.com /bill 866-712-7753 from charging my credit card

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 3:06 PM

How do I stop Apple.com bill one park way from taking taking money off my credit card can you please help me

22 replies

May 21, 2024 3:36 PM in response to loraine25

loraine25 wrote:

I have been charged multiple times by a scammer claiming to be apple using the number 866 713 **. What can I do?

[Edited by Moderator]

Dispute the charges with your bank. Your card has been compromised, either through a phishing message/email or the card number was skimmed from a payment terminal. These skimmers are most common at gas stations where the thieves can install them overnight without much interruption, but can also be installed on ATM's and retailer terminals.

https://toughnickel.com/scams-fraud/Apple-iTunes-866-712-7753-Scam

Jun 14, 2024 12:30 PM in response to Lo1939

Lo1939 wrote:

I just a message about change to my card that I never ordered and I need to stop it and refund my money to my bank account
  • Have you reviewed your Purchase History?

View your purchase history for the App Store and other Apple media services - Apple Support

• Was this just a message or did you confirm that the amount has been deducted from your bank account?
  • What is the exact description of the charge?
  • Are you the Organizer of a Family Sharing plan where another family member could make a purchase?

Jun 21, 2024 10:24 AM in response to Mitscher35

They will get the bank to issue a <temporary> credit to your account. But if the charge is legitimate, Apple generally takes a dim view on legitimate charges being reported as fraud. When a charge is instantly reversed for fraud it costs the merchant time and money to investigate and have the credit reversed if it’s a legitimate charge/transaction. Many times the cost to reverse the credit exceeds the value of the original charge. Apple has the right to permanently lock the Apple ID preventing any future transactions with that ID and also black listing the credit card used being being used for any future transactions.

How do I stop Apple.com/bill 866-712-7753 from charging my credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.