You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail can't connect to Comcast email accounts anymore

I've checked everything - reset passwords, etc, deleted Comcast account from mail and tried to add it back. It's 3 different Comcast email addresses. They've been working flawlessly for years and I think this all started when I updated to Venture 13.3.1, but I'm not certain of that. Oh - and Mail also stopped working with my gmail account at the same time. Only my apple.com email address works through mail. The other accounts continue to function fine outside of Mail through web browsers.

MacBook Air 11″

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 1:30 PM

I was able to resolve the Comcast mail issue by logging into Comcast email through the web, go to settings (upper right hand side), security, and then click on the box that allows third party apps to access the email account.

10 replies

Apr 25, 2023 12:28 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

One thing that is often overlooked is that when you have a Mail provider like Xfinity, that is also used for TV, Home Phone, Cell Phone, when you think you are changing the password for your TV service(or other), you are also changing the password that Mail uses to retrieve and send emails. If not updated in Mail, then you will not be able to connect to the Xfinity mail server.

Not saying this is the case here, just a reminder for others that come across this situation.

Apr 25, 2023 12:20 PM in response to ericesad

I also have Comcast email, so hopefully I will be able to help. I have not had any problems with Comcast email and I'm on Ventura 13.3.1.

First thing I would do is go to Mail > Window > Connection Doctor. What results do you get?

In addition I would do a Safe Boot to clear up any disk errors, caches, permissions.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2023 11:33 AM in response to ericesad

ericesad wrote:

I've checked everything - reset passwords, etc, deleted Comcast account from mail and tried to add it back. It's 3 different Comcast email addresses. They've been working flawlessly for years and I think this all started when I updated to Venture 13.3.1, but I'm not certain of that. Oh - and Mail also stopped working with my gmail account at the same time. Only my apple.com email address works through mail. The other accounts continue to function fine outside of Mail through web browsers.

A good question to ask xfinity support.

Apr 25, 2023 1:37 PM in response to ericesad

My Comcast email accounts are POP accounts, so I can't confirm the settings. Do you know if they were always IMAP accounts?

Make sure your are using the same login and password that you use to log into www.xfinity.com to view web mail. It looks like a user name or password issue. Is the incoming server imap.comcast.net and outgoing server smtp.comcast.net?

Mail can't connect to Comcast email accounts anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.