Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

What to do if my airpods are showing not genuine

Earlier it was genuine but now its showing not genuine and not connecting to my iphone 13. How do i connect my airpods??

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:51 AM

Hey prateek2002,

If your AirPods Pro 2 are showing as a non-genuine Apple product then there is a possibility that they are counterfeit. Unfortunately there are a lot of fake AirPods out there, and I myself have gotten scammed before.

Here is an Apple Support document that talks about how to connect your AirPods to your phone: Pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation) - Apple Support (IE)

Also if you want to identify your AirPods to see if they are fake or genuine, you can do this by using this Apple Support Document: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

You can also check your AirPod's serial number here: Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

Hope this helps bro! :D

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 10:51 AM in response to prateek2002

Hey prateek2002,

If your AirPods Pro 2 are showing as a non-genuine Apple product then there is a possibility that they are counterfeit. Unfortunately there are a lot of fake AirPods out there, and I myself have gotten scammed before.

Here is an Apple Support document that talks about how to connect your AirPods to your phone: Pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation) - Apple Support (IE)

Also if you want to identify your AirPods to see if they are fake or genuine, you can do this by using this Apple Support Document: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

You can also check your AirPod's serial number here: Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

Hope this helps bro! :D

What to do if my airpods are showing not genuine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.