Notification Email

My Apple ID is an old e-mail address. It is no longer valid and any e-mails sent to it gets bounced back. I no longer have the password for that e-mail. Some time ago, I changed my notification e-mail as I didn't want to change my Apple ID for various reasons. I went to the "Manage your Apple ID" page and changed my notification e-mail address with no problem. But the problem is that I do not receive any Apple related e-mails. I have an Apple Card, and I'm supposed to receive notifications that my statements are available and will be in the mail. I"ve never received one of those e-mails. I just went in and tried to change it to a different e-mail and it asked me for my password for security purposes of the e-mail that I have for my Apple ID. which I no longer have the password. How to I provide a correct e-mail address to get e-mails I'm supposed to? Thanks

iMac 24″, 13.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 3:39 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2023 9:32 PM in response to Chris_C1

Hi I do not want to change my Apple ID....just the "notification e-mail". My Apple ID now is an "e-mail" that I no longer have...it is defunct....no way to get to it. So any e-mails sent to that e-mail address is bounced back... example is a notification that my Apple Card statement is out and I can access it online/it is being mailed. I never receive these notifications or other important e-mail from Apple. I should be able to change my notification e-mail address to a different address than my Apple ID. Here is what I get when I go to the link "https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage. (see below) I have tried to change my notification e-mail (I have it blocked from viewing on this page". But I still am not receiving e-mails. I was hoping to get an answer here, but when I have a chance I will call/chat with Apple Support to see if they can help me.

May 7, 2023 9:24 AM in response to Gwen Harold

Hi Gwen Harold, 

We'd like to ensure we're on the same page. Changing your notification email address will not result in account notificaitons and communications being sent to the notification email address.

These communications are sent to the Apple ID email address. Since you no longer have access to your Apple ID email address, it will be necessary for you to change the email address associated with your Apple ID. You can follow the guide we previously shared wiht you to do so.

You can also learn more about the email addresses associated with your Apple ID below.

About your Apple ID email addresses 

Have a great day!

Notification Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.