Cannot updates apps to my iMac (macOS Sierra - mid 2011) due to original purchased under another apple ID.

How do I update these apps ?

Does my iMac require upgrading/updating ?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:19 PM

Cooklets Said:

"Cannot updates apps to my iMac (macOS Sierra - mid 2011) due to original purchased under another apple ID. How do I update these apps ? Does my iMac require upgrading/updating ?"

-------

Updating a Mac Assigned to a Seller's Account:

You Can't. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it, including the iCloud sign out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support The seller have know better. So, if purchased from a site (i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and you can get your modey back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Cooklets

Cooklets Said:

"Cannot updates apps to my iMac (macOS Sierra - mid 2011) due to original purchased under another apple ID. How do I update these apps ? Does my iMac require upgrading/updating ?"

-------

Updating a Mac Assigned to a Seller's Account:

You Can't. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it, including the iCloud sign out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support The seller have know better. So, if purchased from a site (i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and you can get your modey back.

Cannot updates apps to my iMac (macOS Sierra - mid 2011) due to original purchased under another apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.