Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube on Apple TV?

Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube?? This happened before when I first got Apple TV last October and I blamed my internet provider. Then it went away. It’s back again! It streams about 10 minutes and it starts to buffer until I get an error message saying “item can’t be played, try again later.” It happens with ANYTHING I try to watch regardless of genre or anything else I choose. No problem watching anything on my Mac, iPad and iPhone, just not on my tele! It’s obviously not my internet provider. Can anyone help? Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV HD

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:37 PM

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version (non-beta), if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version is tvOS 16.4.1 [2].

Try restarting both the Apple TV box and the router (and any optional other network gear).

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 10:37 PM in response to sissy50

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version (non-beta), if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version is tvOS 16.4.1 [2].

Try restarting both the Apple TV box and the router (and any optional other network gear).

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.