Self Signed Certificate Exchange 2016 Problems on iPhone 11

I've Exchange 2016 (not published outside) with a self signed certificate, but with the last update of IOS to 16.4.1, the mail account isn´t working anymore. How can I solve this? I've the trust store version 2022070700 and I've no options to trust certificates. Before it just asked to trust certificate and worked fine.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 4:40 AM

9 replies

Apr 27, 2023 4:05 PM in response to abilino

Hey there abilino,

While you may need to contact Microsoft Support about this, or even your workplace IT Support for further help, we'd like to help by learning more about what's happening. We'd also like to rule out some possible causes:

1. You mentioned there's an issue with your email account, but what exactly is the issue occurring with it right after updating to iOS 16.4.1? The more details you provide us, the better we'll understand the issue.
  2. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  3. Have you already tried any other steps, like removing/adding back your email account as one example?

Cheers!

May 17, 2023 7:29 AM in response to abilino

Any news regarding this topic?

My own Linux NAS email server has a self-signed-certificate,

since iPhone 16.4.1 it suddenly does not longer work (same on iPad).

I have tried

• exporting the certificate on macOS as a CER file,
  • installed it on the iPhone via iCloud,
  • installed it in Preferences > General > VPN etc as a profile,
  • trusted it in Preferences > General > Info > Certificate Trust Settings.

But even this does not help, still in Mail App I get a red certificate not trusted message,

without any ability to proceed nevertheless.

May 23, 2023 12:54 PM in response to MJKLinz

NOT working over here. Reinstalled the latest iOS, deleted all mail accounts, but can't add them again. Getting an error it's not trusted:

"Cannot Verify Server Identity. The identity of "192.168.0.***" cannot be verified"

Clicking "details" doesn't give me the option to trust the certificate. At the moment I'm lost with NO email on my phone anymore. All other Macs here (running mail) don't have this issue. If someone knows any other options I could try it could be most helpful!

Self Signed Certificate Exchange 2016 Problems on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.