"Company Portal" App Erased iPhone 13 Pro Max Data Without Owner's Consent

"The "Company Portal" app, a sub-dependency of Microsoft Teams, reset the data on my iPhone 13 Pro Max device without my permission."

Background: I installed the Microsoft Teams app, along with its sub-dependency "Company Portal" on my iPhone 13 Pro Max while working for a company. After leaving the company, I discovered that the "Company Portal" app had permission to manage only the data for "Microsoft Teams". However, the app mistakenly erased and reset the entire phone's data without my / owner permission, which I believe to be a bug.

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:21 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2023 9:41 AM in response to JituIphoneIBpromax

JituIphoneIBpromax wrote:

"The "Company Portal" app, a sub-dependency of Microsoft Teams, reset the data on my iPhone 13 Pro Max device without my permission."

Background: I installed the Microsoft Teams app, along with its sub-dependency "Company Portal" on my iPhone 13 Pro Max while working for a company. After leaving the company, I discovered that the "Company Portal" app had permission to manage only the data for "Microsoft Teams". However, the app mistakenly erased and reset the entire phone's data without my / owner permission, which I believe to be a bug.

You left the company, IT person at your company erased the data, this isn't a bug. Have doubts talk to the IT person.

"Company Portal" App Erased iPhone 13 Pro Max Data Without Owner's Consent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.