I keep getting notifications about a virus, is it legit?

I keep getting notifications about a virus on my computer, and it directs me to a virus detector. How do I stop this?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 1:44 PM

No, they're notification spam.

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 1:44 PM in response to ce02

No, they're notification spam.

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

I keep getting notifications about a virus, is it legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.