Green dot on my screen all day

I just noticed the green dot on my screen has been active all day but I haven’t had any apps open I closed all my apps down again once I spotted the dot and even closed my camera off in settings but the green dot didn’t disappear until I turned my phone off completely and re started it. Is this a glitch or something I should be worried about.

all my daughter pulled down my screen to see my phone camera and mic was in use but it just showed settings not an app in use.

thank you in advance

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:18 PM

1982NA Said:

"Green dot on my screen all day: I just noticed the green dot on my screen has been active all day but I haven’t had any apps open I closed all my apps down again once I spotted the dot and even closed my camera off in settings[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Green-Dot:

A. About this Green Dot:

1. Go Here: About the Orange and Green Indicators in your iPhone Status Bar - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: A green indicator means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

B. Close All Apps:

An app is accessing your audio. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up wkly for all apps.

C. Disable Camera:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: Allowed Apps
  5. Tap: Camera (so that it is dulled out)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 5:18 PM in response to 1982NA

1982NA Said:

"Green dot on my screen all day: I just noticed the green dot on my screen has been active all day but I haven’t had any apps open I closed all my apps down again once I spotted the dot and even closed my camera off in settings[...]"

-------

A. About this Green Dot:

1. Go Here: About the Orange and Green Indicators in your iPhone Status Bar - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: A green indicator means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

B. Close All Apps:

An app is accessing your audio. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up wkly for all apps.

C. Disable Camera:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: Allowed Apps
  5. Tap: Camera (so that it is dulled out)

Apr 26, 2023 5:18 PM in response to 1982NA

1982NA Said:

-------

Determining which App is Using the Camera:

Open: Control Center (Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support) to display the name of the apps using it. They are shown at the top of the page.

Green dot on my screen all day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.