Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Enable Apple Pay as a managed option in Apple Business Manager

In our organization we have started using managed AppleIDs for all new hires. This is great for most features but is really inconvenient for users who want to use the Wallet / Apple Pay. Similar to how the App Store is setup, it would be nice if the user can still be logged into the device with their managed AppleID but the Wallet / Apple Pay with a personal AppleID.

Or even better yet, make this a managed option, or just allow Wallet / Apple Pay with a managed AppleID. You still need to enter a credit card, wether that be a person one or a corporate one; I don't understand why this feature is not allowed.

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Managed Apple IDs (MAIDs) come with limitations. One of those is not supporting Apple Wallet at all. In my orgs, I only use MAIDs for services and not for devices. There isn't an advantage to using a managed Apple ID over a personal ID, but there are advantages to using a personal Apple ID.

If you would like to give Apple feedback on this you can do so at www.apple.com/feedback

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 11:00 AM in response to Roberto_DHV

Managed Apple IDs (MAIDs) come with limitations. One of those is not supporting Apple Wallet at all. In my orgs, I only use MAIDs for services and not for devices. There isn't an advantage to using a managed Apple ID over a personal ID, but there are advantages to using a personal Apple ID.

If you would like to give Apple feedback on this you can do so at www.apple.com/feedback

Enable Apple Pay as a managed option in Apple Business Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.