why cannot use cinematic mode with quicktime

why cannot use cinematic mode with quicktime? I'd like to record videos using quicktime connected to the iphone 14 pro camera, but when I click on video effect I can't see the cinematic mode

"ritratto" mode is horrible and it's not the cinematic mode...

thanks to everyone

best,

D

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 4:05 PM

For recording in Cinematic Mode (adjustable focus), do so on your iPhone 13 or 14 directly, not by capturing through QuickTime Player.

The cinematic capture and focus edits have to be completed on mobile, but that may be on another iPhone or iPad.

Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Cinematic mode videos from your iPhone don’t appear when importing to your Mac or Windows computer - Apple Support

Use video effects on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 4:05 PM in response to hvalues

For recording in Cinematic Mode (adjustable focus), do so on your iPhone 13 or 14 directly, not by capturing through QuickTime Player.

The cinematic capture and focus edits have to be completed on mobile, but that may be on another iPhone or iPad.

Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Cinematic mode videos from your iPhone don’t appear when importing to your Mac or Windows computer - Apple Support

Use video effects on Mac - Apple Support

why cannot use cinematic mode with quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.