hide other streaming apps

When I’m looking for a movie to watch, I find a lot of movies that I can only watch with other streaming services like paramount.

That is quite annoying, *** you only see that once you open the detail screen of that movie.

How can I just browse/search the movie that are offered by Apple, so I can simply lend them without connecting another app?

PS not talking about movies made by Apple, only about movies I can natively lend from Apple using the tv app on iPad

iPad Pro (5th generation)

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 11:13 AM

There is no specific way to filter them before hand. The Tv App will show any available options for watching the selected movie.

Movies that can be watched directly in the TV App without another app subscription will have a price for Buy or Rent (lend) along with the other app options like Paramount+.

You can find more options for watching each entry if you scroll down to the "How to Watch Section" for the specific movie.

You can also scroll down to the "Limited Time Prices" section, the "Browse by Price" section, or the Top Rentals section for movies available directly in the TV App even if they may also have other options available to watch them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 11:13 AM in response to BstBln

There is no specific way to filter them before hand. The Tv App will show any available options for watching the selected movie.

Movies that can be watched directly in the TV App without another app subscription will have a price for Buy or Rent (lend) along with the other app options like Paramount+.

You can find more options for watching each entry if you scroll down to the "How to Watch Section" for the specific movie.

You can also scroll down to the "Limited Time Prices" section, the "Browse by Price" section, or the Top Rentals section for movies available directly in the TV App even if they may also have other options available to watch them.

Apr 27, 2023 11:39 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks for your answer. It’s really a mess, they have movies you can only buy in the rental collection (here in Europe)…

but in the end there is nothing I’m interested in in those sections, they are too broad, I almost always use the search or genres.

i think in the end Apple should offer a filter for that…

anyways thanks for taking your time 🙂

hide other streaming apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.