iPhone is stuck on apple logo screen

My iPhone became unresponsive so I restarted it. When I tried to turn it on again, it remained stuck on start-up with the Apple logo on the screen being on (disappears for a brief moment, then it's on again).

Do I risk losing all stored data if I try to perform a Force Restart?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 11:59 AM

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly, read this eponymous support article for how to resolve this --> --> If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

It has you:

- Check your software

- Check your hardware

If they do not work then follow the advice at the end of the documents about contacting Apple.

A force restart should not result in the loss of data at that stage, and frankly you do not have any option do you?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 11:59 AM in response to 23robbie

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly, read this eponymous support article for how to resolve this --> --> If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

It has you:

- Check your software

- Check your hardware

If they do not work then follow the advice at the end of the documents about contacting Apple.

A force restart should not result in the loss of data at that stage, and frankly you do not have any option do you?

iPhone is stuck on apple logo screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.