New MacBook air

My new MacBook air is asking for a password ? I did not have apassword on my old one. What password is it looking for?

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:59 PM

Is it asking for your login password, as illustrated here?

Did you configure your Mac to log in automatically? How to log in automatically to a Mac user account - Apple Support

To my knowledge it is not possible to set up a new Mac with no password. It was possible in the distant past, but I believe Apple imposed that requirement on us a while ago.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 4:59 PM in response to ND8

Is it asking for your login password, as illustrated here?

Did you configure your Mac to log in automatically? How to log in automatically to a Mac user account - Apple Support

To my knowledge it is not possible to set up a new Mac with no password. It was possible in the distant past, but I believe Apple imposed that requirement on us a while ago.

Apr 27, 2023 5:21 PM in response to ND8

ND8 Said:

"New MacBook air: My new MacBook air is asking for a password ? I did not have apassword on my old one. What password is it looking for?"

-------

Please Clarify:

Where are you seeing this? What is the password for? If your Apple ID, then you are being prompted to authorize this with your Apple ID. Go in to System Preferences or System Settings to do so: Sign in to Apple ID on your Mac - Apple Support

New MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.