Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Deleted e mails from my inbox

Hello, my e-mails suddenly dissapeared from my inbox one week ago, I looked up for solutions and so far I deleted and re installed again my yahoo account, I updated the ios software, restart my i phone but without succes. Please support me in this matter

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:07 PM

anca225 Said:

"Deleted e mails from my inbox: Hello, my e-mails suddenly dissapeared from my inbox one week ago, I looked up for solutions and so far I deleted and re installed again my yahoo account, I updated the ios software, restart my i phone but without succes. Please support me in this matter"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost eMails:

I. Check your eMail Provider's Site:

You likely are running out of space, and your eMails are being deleted to make room as more and more come in. Remember that you are only granted a certain amount of space. So, do you see this when you directly log in to the eMail provider on their Web site? If not, then it is an issue with your current user on device. If so, then it is something you should ask your eMail provider about.

II. Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 8:07 PM in response to anca225

anca225 Said:

"Deleted e mails from my inbox: Hello, my e-mails suddenly dissapeared from my inbox one week ago, I looked up for solutions and so far I deleted and re installed again my yahoo account, I updated the ios software, restart my i phone but without succes. Please support me in this matter"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost eMails:

I. Check your eMail Provider's Site:

You likely are running out of space, and your eMails are being deleted to make room as more and more come in. Remember that you are only granted a certain amount of space. So, do you see this when you directly log in to the eMail provider on their Web site? If not, then it is an issue with your current user on device. If so, then it is something you should ask your eMail provider about.

II. Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

May 2, 2023 7:48 PM in response to anca225

anca225 Said:

I still have 5gb available on my i phone. I checked absolutely every folder, trash, archive, etc, no sign of my e-mails.

I opened my e-mail from my computer as well, there are not available there either.

———-

Free Space is Needed:

eMails are FILO(First In Last Out). So, clear space, by all means. Having 5GB is to allow things to run and for system files to be created (ie cookies and caches). If it were empty, then I just would be operable. So, clear space, seeing if ll this stops.

Clear Space.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Deleted e mails from my inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.