Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Apple TV 4K remote’s volume control is malfunctioning.

When I press the volume control up or down, the resulting clicks alternate between volume change and pause.

The remote is fully charged and paired with my Apple TV.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the volume control?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 10:59 PM

Before getting into specific settings and questions about what sound devices you're trying to control, I'll tell you that the Siri Remotes will occassionally get confused and send random signals, drain the battery quickly, etc.

This is usually fixed by resetting and redoing the pairing between the ATV4K and the remote. To do that, follow the last procedure in this Apple Support article: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support.

I got my ATV4K a little over 2 years ago, and I've had to do this once.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 10:59 PM in response to Johntechwriter

Before getting into specific settings and questions about what sound devices you're trying to control, I'll tell you that the Siri Remotes will occassionally get confused and send random signals, drain the battery quickly, etc.

This is usually fixed by resetting and redoing the pairing between the ATV4K and the remote. To do that, follow the last procedure in this Apple Support article: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support.

I got my ATV4K a little over 2 years ago, and I've had to do this once.

My Apple TV 4K remote’s volume control is malfunctioning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.