Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote volume not working - chronic problem that reappears monthly

My Apple TV remote volume stops working every 1 - 2 months. The rest of the buttons work. It is only volume. This is incredibly frustrating and I have to trouble shoot and reset/relearn the remote every time. Anyone else having this problem?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 5:45 AM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Drkat1013

Hi Drkat1013,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that the volume for your Apple TV remote does not work at times and we'd like to help.

Did you have a chance to follow the steps in the article viewed before posting? If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

Are these the same steps you've followed every time this issue happens?

Especially the first section before trying to reset.

Try these steps first
1. If you have a Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, charge it for 30 minutes using a Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger. If you have an Apple Remote, replace the battery
2. Unplug your Apple TV from the wall power outlet. Wait at least six seconds, then plug it back in.
If your remote still isn't working as expected, follow the steps for your type of remote. After each step, see if you still need help.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Jul 31, 2022 10:03 AM in response to mingoslkd

Thanks for your reply. I have done those things. I am able to get it working again but the issue is that this happens at least once a month. So EVERY month, I’m trouble shooting and going through the steps again bc the same steps don’t work every time.

im looking for a permanent solution given this was not a cheap product, is less than a year old and is chronically not functional

Apple TV remote volume not working - chronic problem that reappears monthly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.