Why do plain text blocks open when I click a link instead of fully loaded web pages?

When I click to a new web page, a text version opens in a block instead of the styled page. If I click outside the box, the correct page loads. I'm attaching the text version and also the fully loaded page. How do I stop these text versions from opening?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 7:54 AM

The first picture shows Safari's Reader view. It appears you have it enabled automatically.

To turn it off, go to Safari > Preferences > Websites and look for 'Reader' on the sidebar. Make the necessary adjustments (you will probably have to change the dropdown menu "When visiting other websites" to 'Off'), and you should be good to go.

Hide ads when reading articles in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 7:54 AM in response to kimnsmith

The first picture shows Safari's Reader view. It appears you have it enabled automatically.

To turn it off, go to Safari > Preferences > Websites and look for 'Reader' on the sidebar. Make the necessary adjustments (you will probably have to change the dropdown menu "When visiting other websites" to 'Off'), and you should be good to go.

Hide ads when reading articles in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Why do plain text blocks open when I click a link instead of fully loaded web pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.