Recovery server is damaged, untrusted certificate title.

I cannot install macos sierra it says The installer information on the recovery server is damaged. I have tried changing the daye so that i can use expired certificates cause that was what was recommended but then another message pops up that says untrusted certificate title . What can i do to fix this problem?

I am using macbook pro 13” 2017

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 2:30 AM

Using MacBook pro 13” 2017 should not say Sierra if using Option-⌘-R it should likely say Ventura.

In Disk Utility what Format is the drive?

APFS won't work for Sierra, Sierra needs MacOS Extended Journaled.

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 30, 2023 6:10 PM in response to macusermacusermac

Do you have the Touchbar or non-Touchbar model?

If your WiFi connection dropped, then try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable and a USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. Otherwise you will need to figure out why the laptop disconnected from the WiFi which will most likely be difficult.

If you have access to another Mac for Late-2009 to 2023, then you can create & use a bootable macOS USB installer instead. To create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer, you will generally need a Mac from Late-2009 to 2018. For creating a macOS 13.x USB installer you generally need a Mac from 2017 to 2023. You can use the information in this article to determine which versions of macOS are compatible with various Apple hardware to determine a Qualifying Mac for creating a specific macOS USB installer:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

Why are you reinstalling macOS? If it is to solve an issue, then perhaps that issue is the same one causing problems with reinstalling macOS.

Recovery server is damaged, untrusted certificate title.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.