I am not locked out of my phone. It will not let me do latest updates w/o passcode

I am not locked out of my phone. It will not let me do latest update w/o passcode. I don’t remember it. I don’t want to reset my phone. I know my Apple ID

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 2:42 PM

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

See also -> Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support (IN)

• ask a trusted friend or family member to help you.

An account recovery contact can help make sure that you always have access to your account, even if you forgot your Apple ID password or device passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 2:42 PM in response to XXXZ1

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

See also -> Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support (IN)

• ask a trusted friend or family member to help you.

An account recovery contact can help make sure that you always have access to your account, even if you forgot your Apple ID password or device passcode.

I am not locked out of my phone. It will not let me do latest updates w/o passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.