Trouble pairing iPhone with new Mac Mini

Hi,

Having trouble pairing via Bluetooth with my new Mac mini. Got it to do so for a minute, but usually the Mac mini won't show up and if it does I get this msg on my phone, "Pairing unsuccessful. The Mac mini is not supported."

Any idea the problem?

And how can I change Airdrop to everyone for more than 10 minutes? Other people around me show up no problem but my own I have to choose "EVEryone for 10 minutes" every time I want to transfer.

beste,

royks

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 10:42 AM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 10:42 AM in response to royksjr

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

Trouble pairing iPhone with new Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.