Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

green screen after updating to 16.4.1

Was using my phone normally then an update came and updated my phone to 16.4.1 after the update my iphone 13 pro max got stuck to a green(tint) screen. Any help for this? Don’t want to pay for something I didn’t cause. Does apple doesn’t recognize that many people has been affected by this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 5:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 6:24 AM

Thank you kindly for the photo!

Now, considering that one cannot see the apps on the screen, I would recommend you try to Force Restart your iPhone, and see if that doesn’t fix the issue.

Is there a cover or protector on the screen? Try removing it, and see if the issue persists. Also, disconnect everything that’s connected to the phone.

If all of these troubleshooting steps are to no avail, please Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support, and they will be happy to assist you.

Good Luck!

26 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2023 6:24 AM in response to AaronM2031

Thank you kindly for the photo!

Now, considering that one cannot see the apps on the screen, I would recommend you try to Force Restart your iPhone, and see if that doesn’t fix the issue.

Is there a cover or protector on the screen? Try removing it, and see if the issue persists. Also, disconnect everything that’s connected to the phone.

If all of these troubleshooting steps are to no avail, please Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support, and they will be happy to assist you.

Good Luck!

Apr 29, 2023 5:22 PM in response to AaronM2031

Hello AaronM2031!

Please ensure that “Color Tint” is off. To check this, please go to: Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters. Now, ensure that the switch is turned off.

For further assistance, please report back, and we will be delighted to assist you!

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Jul 25, 2023 5:53 AM in response to 9_cece_9

9_cece_9 wrote:

I have an iPhone 13 Pro, and I updated it to version 16.5.1. After a video call, while I was switching between applications, the screen started flickering and turned green. I want to emphasize that my phone has not been dropped or exposed to any moisture; it has been well taken care of. I'm worried because my iPhone has never experienced any issues before, so I don't understand why it suddenly happened like this

Is the iPhone usable? If so, please try updating to iOS 16.6.

If that didn’t help, or if the iPhone is unusable, please take it in for an examination:

Good Luck!

Oct 27, 2023 4:19 AM in response to H1290

Hello.. I encountered the same problem with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and it rendered my phone totally unusable and I know a lot of people who have encountered this same problem on different iPhone generations especially 13 and 14. H1290 your ratio of 3,000,000 to 100 isn’t so accurate. It’s quite more. I realized apple is very well aware of this problem so why are they not doing anything about it?? If they refer to them as “bad units” why do they not recall them. And we have to spend more money fixing of buying a new phone. Apple isn’t doing well. They should resolve this because it’s so random now. If you are unlucky even just a little you will become a victim. I have gotten a new phone after I experienced this problem and I am scared to update till date.

May 15, 2023 10:03 AM in response to commerce98

You will hopefully and probably not run into this issue. If you do however, you can try my troubleshooting steps above, and if they are to no avail, then please Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support. Maybe they can help you then, and if not, they’ll be able to get you the service you need.

I don’t want to go as far as to say you should have an approx. $800.00 CAN* screen replacement, without firm, solid info from Apple that this must be done. And I don’t have that info. So, I recommend you Contact Apple Support if you run into this issue.

(*) This is just a ballpark figure. The actual cost depends on your location, device, and other factors.

Have a wonderful day! 😊

Oct 14, 2023 1:20 AM in response to AaronM2031

Honest Reply

13th October 2023 - Updated my iphone 14 max pro to 16 version. After 6-7 hours time all of a sudden full green screen and no visibility to icons or options.

Siri will work.

Even though you rebooted again same green colour screen. Pathetic.

Just an OS update will do this to your top end device. All data and esim and all details will be gone after display replacement.

May 14, 2023 6:19 AM in response to commerce98

Never fear! There are thousands upon thousands of Apple costumers who don’t have this problem. I always keep my device fully updated, and I haven’t had a problem yet!

I believe you can fully update your iPhone without worrying about an issue that affects maybe 100 users out of 3,000,00. There’s a 0.003% chance that you will ever encounter this issue.

Jul 15, 2023 11:22 AM in response to 14user

Hello 14user!

You should and can update to the latest iOS: iOS 16.5.1 (c). This issue above is most likely not related to the update.

The above happened to one user out of the millions that downloaded and installed iOS 16.5.1 (c).

On a different note, the above happened when updating to a different iOS than you are going to, further decreasing the 1 in millions and millions chance.

You needn’t worry. Good Luck!

Jul 24, 2023 10:08 PM in response to H1290

I have an iPhone 13 Pro, and I updated it to version 16.5.1. After a video call, while I was switching between applications, the screen started flickering and turned green. I want to emphasize that my phone has not been dropped or exposed to any moisture; it has been well taken care of. I'm worried because my iPhone has never experienced any issues before, so I don't understand why it suddenly happened like this

green screen after updating to 16.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.