I followed every step in trying to make text forwarding appear in the imessages menu, and verified I had the same appleid on both devices and text forwarding still desont appear

I am try to get Forward text messging to appear in my iphone settings so I can text message from my Mac.

I followed every step to a T. I turned on and off imessages. I selected use your appleid when text messaging.

I verified my Mac and my iphone were both on the same apple id. They are.

Text forwarding still does not appear

Please help

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:33 PM

Hello,

Do you have your phone number in the list "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" on your iPhone in your Messages settings as well as on your Mac? I am not sure that it is needed before you can set up SMS forwarding but it makes sense that it would be needed to me.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac

After you set up your phone number, you can turn it on or off for Messages and FaceTime on your Mac.

1. Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone.
  2. For Messages, choose Messages > Settings, then click iMessage. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click General.
  3. Turn your phone number on or off:
  1. If you want recipients to see your phone number and not your Apple ID, select your phone number from the “Start new conversations from” or ”Start new calls from” pop-up menu."

I hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 8:33 PM in response to alectimmermann

Hello,

Do you have your phone number in the list "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" on your iPhone in your Messages settings as well as on your Mac? I am not sure that it is needed before you can set up SMS forwarding but it makes sense that it would be needed to me.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac

After you set up your phone number, you can turn it on or off for Messages and FaceTime on your Mac.

1. Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone.
  2. For Messages, choose Messages > Settings, then click iMessage. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click General.
  3. Turn your phone number on or off:
  1. If you want recipients to see your phone number and not your Apple ID, select your phone number from the “Start new conversations from” or ”Start new calls from” pop-up menu."

I hope this helps.

I followed every step in trying to make text forwarding appear in the imessages menu, and verified I had the same appleid on both devices and text forwarding still desont appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.