Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

not seeing list of apps

I have just updated from an iphone 12 to a 14 plus. I am used to find a complete list of all my apps and if there is a new version available in the appstore (after clicking on the round button with my picture). Although all my apps are installed and working, that list is gone.

Anybody an idea?

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 1:34 AM

I just found out that list is created when you have apps that have an update available.

so it builds over time.

Never knew.

3 replies

Apr 30, 2023 1:56 PM in response to KarinvV

DId you keep the same Apple ID? Or for some reason did you create a new one?

An app is forever tied to the Apple ID used to acquire it (paid or free). The Apple ID is encoded into the licensed copy that is downloaded. It is in the copy's DNA. That is the only Apple ID that can redownload or update the app. If you cannot reclaim the old Apple ID, you will need to reacquire the app with your new Apple ID. That means repurchasing paid apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.3.1;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.4; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.4.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.4.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.4.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

not seeing list of apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.