weird notification regarding my location on iphone 11

Hi All,

I got a weird notification, unprompted, on my phone this morning. I wish I had taken a screenshot, but it was something to the effect of "new device has access and can see your location" and the email pattern it showed was something like "*****k@icloud.com" which is none of my emails or friends' emails. The only options on Alert were "Learn More" or "OK". I clicked "Learn More" but nothing happened. Great, thanks Apple. I then checked all devices with access to my account, everyone one in Find My that I'm sharing location with, and nothing out of the ordinary. I reset my apple ID password just in case, but still don't feel at ease since I have no idea what actually happened.

Is there anywhere I can see a list of my account events and notifications? Apple has to have something like that somewhere on their end, so is it exposed to users at all? I want to go back and see what this event was, what that email pattern was again, and actually learn more about what just happened.

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 1:04 AM

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 1:04 AM in response to hgik93

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

weird notification regarding my location on iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.