Why macbookpro shuts down with energy left if the battery condition is normal?

MacBookPro Retina 15 2012 A1398,mojave 10.14.6.

I checked battery health in system information 100 cycles of maximum 1000 for my model,condition normal but what could it be if not the battery?Mac literally refused to turn on without charger plugged in even with 70% left energy! Screenshot of battery health in BatteryHealth app and SystemInformationUtility:

What is the problem? How to fix?

Background :

Reinstalled macOS cause didn’t remember the password to device I didn’t use for 4 years.

Started working in chrome and after an hour of use mac turned off when I was choosing a file path to a electronic signature certificate to log in the website. I thought that the old problem came back. It used to turn off when heating up,not even overheating. In 2018 I thought my GPU melted/broke because of heat and bought a new Mac. But yesterday I decided to revive old mac and now I don’t think it’s only the temperature crushing my MacBook. It’s might be also file error maybe because of some problem in SSD or it might also be the battery because when I tried to boot Mac,there was no response,but when I plugged charger in,my mac started up like an old car,only after third try. Video : https://streamable.com/m73mqz

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 2:51 AM

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has Intel processor, resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 2:51 AM in response to zkrtkr

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has Intel processor, resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Apr 30, 2023 3:00 AM in response to kaz-k

Can i replace battery in the apple store even if the apple care is gone long time ago,i mean,can pay them like in off-brand,but authorized apple services?There are 4 authorized repair and service centers in my city. I wonder if they are using apple clones cheap components or real original components?

Why macbookpro shuts down with energy left if the battery condition is normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.