My computer stopped updating the software , I am trying to install a new printer and it tells me to upgrade my operating system before installing my printer , But cant upgrade the OS?

my Laptop wont allow me to upgrade the OS , I am trying to install my new printer but it cant find it since I need to upgrade the OS?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 10:34 AM

There are two possible options open to you.

1. If this is a new printer it will likely operate using AirPrint which does not require any printer drivers. See if your Mac can use that method.
  2. Otherwise, check on the printer's web site to see if there is available a driver that works with your Mac's operating system.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 10:34 AM in response to GHP12

There are two possible options open to you.

1. If this is a new printer it will likely operate using AirPrint which does not require any printer drivers. See if your Mac can use that method.
  2. Otherwise, check on the printer's web site to see if there is available a driver that works with your Mac's operating system.

Good luck.

My computer stopped updating the software , I am trying to install a new printer and it tells me to upgrade my operating system before installing my printer , But cant upgrade the OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.