Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Multiple email trash folders delete when I only want to delete trash in one.

Deleting trash in one email account deletes it in all three of my email accounts. It should be noted that only one of the three is an iCloud account. Why is this happening and how do I stop it from happening?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 3:05 PM

Make sure you are not deleting from Favorites 'All Trash'. If you have 'All Trash' in your Favorites list you can simply drag it away from the app window in the sidebar or control click it and it will be removed from the list but still available if you want to add it later. To add it back again, just click the Plus icon by hovering over the right side and choose it from the list that will be available.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 3:05 PM in response to rey55

Make sure you are not deleting from Favorites 'All Trash'. If you have 'All Trash' in your Favorites list you can simply drag it away from the app window in the sidebar or control click it and it will be removed from the list but still available if you want to add it later. To add it back again, just click the Plus icon by hovering over the right side and choose it from the list that will be available.

Multiple email trash folders delete when I only want to delete trash in one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.