Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail issue - mail trash settings deleting when set to Never delete.

Where else can I find email settings? When I check my iCloud from settings - Apple ID-> iCloud-> iCloud mail -> advanced -> deleted messages is set to Never on all my devices. I don’t use Archive. This is identical on all my devices. All my devices are 4 years old or newer, updated to the newest software.

when I look at my Mail trash folder, there is only 3 weeks of email. Everything beyond that is deleted. The expectation is Never to delete any trash mail. I have 2TB of cloud space with ample space remaining.

can someone tell me what setting is overriding this and deleting my trash mail?

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 9:09 AM

See the article Change Mailbox Behaviours preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Even you keep the settings for one month , its depends upon your service to erase the mails from trash , if the mails are important in future archive them or create a folder in on my Mac section and drag and drop mails from trash in it or do the settings as per screen shot ( archive deleted messages should be check marked ) .

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 9:09 AM in response to Darren Brown

See the article Change Mailbox Behaviours preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Even you keep the settings for one month , its depends upon your service to erase the mails from trash , if the mails are important in future archive them or create a folder in on my Mac section and drag and drop mails from trash in it or do the settings as per screen shot ( archive deleted messages should be check marked ) .

Mail issue - mail trash settings deleting when set to Never delete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.