Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

date and time

used my MacBook Air after a month of traveling. The date is set to 7th February 2023 and the time is wrong as well. I have updated to most recent iOS and restarted several times. Set time and date automatically is on, location is on. But is doesn’t update to current date and time.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 10:46 PM

Sunnaman Said:

"date and time: used my MacBook Air after a month of traveling. I didn’t take my laptop with me. I forgot to even shutdown the laptop and it was off after battery drained when I got back. No settings were changed."

-------

Troubleshooting Incorrect Date and Time:

What comes to mind...

A. Start Here: If you can't Change the Time or Time Xone on your Apple device - Apple Support

B. Re-enable these Settings:

Deleted all blue buttons, and then reselect them.

C. New iCloud Session:

Log out of iCloud, and then log back in.

D. Boot in Safe Mode:

I would assume booting in Safe Mode, using the keys may may work (because in Safe Mode, items only load as they would be default). So, boot into Safe Mode, go here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support. Once in Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, reboot, and see what occurs. If you have one, use and external keyboard for this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 10:46 PM in response to Sunnaman

Sunnaman Said:

"date and time: used my MacBook Air after a month of traveling. I didn’t take my laptop with me. I forgot to even shutdown the laptop and it was off after battery drained when I got back. No settings were changed."

-------

Troubleshooting Incorrect Date and Time:

What comes to mind...

A. Start Here: If you can't Change the Time or Time Xone on your Apple device - Apple Support

B. Re-enable these Settings:

Deleted all blue buttons, and then reselect them.

C. New iCloud Session:

Log out of iCloud, and then log back in.

D. Boot in Safe Mode:

I would assume booting in Safe Mode, using the keys may may work (because in Safe Mode, items only load as they would be default). So, boot into Safe Mode, go here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support. Once in Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, reboot, and see what occurs. If you have one, use and external keyboard for this.

Apr 30, 2023 10:36 PM in response to Sunnaman

Sunnaman Said:

"date and time: used my MacBook Air after a month of traveling. The date is set to 7th February 2023 and the time is wrong as well. I have updated to most recent iOS and restarted several times. Set time and date automatically is on, location is on. But is doesn’t update to current date and time."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Correcting the Date and Time After Travel:

Did you reset your location while your were traveling? If so, all is gone, and you need to reset the location once more.

date and time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.