Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

How do I get my custom ringtones and alert sounds to appear as Ringtone options in Settings>Sounds & Haptics on my iPhone 11 Pro?

Heya! I have transferred my m4r files to my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 16.0.2). They are in my Files and appear in my Music library. But when I try to reset my ringtones and alert sounds via Settings>Sounds & Haptics, they are nowhere to be found. I've searched Discussions but haven't found an explanation or a solution. Any help would be super appreciated!

Cheers,

Joel

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 1, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 7:27 AM

Do you have GarageBand?

Here you have the process!

My GarageBand opens my iCloud Drive. In your case it may not be so. Nevertheless the process remains the same. This helps because accidentally if you open up the iCloud Drive using GarageBand you can get back to GarageBand.

Music bust be on your iPhone not on iCloud Library.

When you select the song Hold and tap the Song delicately for it to populate it in Audio Recorder.

Watch the GIF below to convert any music to RingTone

This is made on iPhone SE

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 7:27 AM in response to jacktobik

Do you have GarageBand?

Here you have the process!

My GarageBand opens my iCloud Drive. In your case it may not be so. Nevertheless the process remains the same. This helps because accidentally if you open up the iCloud Drive using GarageBand you can get back to GarageBand.

Music bust be on your iPhone not on iCloud Library.

When you select the song Hold and tap the Song delicately for it to populate it in Audio Recorder.

Watch the GIF below to convert any music to RingTone

This is made on iPhone SE

How do I get my custom ringtones and alert sounds to appear as Ringtone options in Settings>Sounds & Haptics on my iPhone 11 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.