Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.m4r files in Garageband import into Ringtone?

I have successfully uploaded .m4r files into garageband on my iphone. How do I get them to appear in the settings - sounds & haptics - ringtone settings so I can select them? Then I'd like to assign them to different contacts on my iphone as a ringtone? What are the instructions and what am I missing here?

thanks!

Joe

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 7:45 AM

Hello jola8,

This page offers correct steps for you to follow in order to create a ringtone on your Mac, then share it to your iPhone: Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song - Apple Support. As it shows, this page will provide information on how to do the following:

1. Set up iCloud Drive
    2. Share your project
    3. Export the project as a ringtone
    4. Assign the ringtone

To create a ringtone on your Mac, prepare it on your Mac using GarageBand or Logic Pro, then share it to iCloud Drive so you can open it in GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad. Once it's on your iPhone or iPad, export the song as a ringtone from GarageBand, then assign the ringtone. Or just create the ringtone directly on your iPhone or iPad.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 7:45 AM in response to jola8

Hello jola8,

This page offers correct steps for you to follow in order to create a ringtone on your Mac, then share it to your iPhone: Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song - Apple Support. As it shows, this page will provide information on how to do the following:

1. Set up iCloud Drive
    2. Share your project
    3. Export the project as a ringtone
    4. Assign the ringtone

To create a ringtone on your Mac, prepare it on your Mac using GarageBand or Logic Pro, then share it to iCloud Drive so you can open it in GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad. Once it's on your iPhone or iPad, export the song as a ringtone from GarageBand, then assign the ringtone. Or just create the ringtone directly on your iPhone or iPad.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

.m4r files in Garageband import into Ringtone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.