Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Final Cut Pro gets stuck on loading audio components. Wont Open!

Since updating my macbook last night, I can't open Final Cut Pro. The application gets stuck loading audio components and never opens.

Posted on May 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 7:46 PM

Many, many discussions here about this. macOS 13.3.1 broke AU validation in FCP. The workaround until Apple releases and OS or FCP update is to rename the folder that contains the AU plugins from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to some something like Components.ignore. You might also have AU plugins in your User ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder that needs to also renamed. Then launch FCP and will won't scan that folder. If you need the AU plugins for Login or other DAWs, just rename it back to Components.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 7:46 PM in response to caliguonmartos

Many, many discussions here about this. macOS 13.3.1 broke AU validation in FCP. The workaround until Apple releases and OS or FCP update is to rename the folder that contains the AU plugins from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to some something like Components.ignore. You might also have AU plugins in your User ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder that needs to also renamed. Then launch FCP and will won't scan that folder. If you need the AU plugins for Login or other DAWs, just rename it back to Components.

Oct 14, 2023 11:46 AM in response to caliguonmartos

The only thing that seem to work for me was the delete preferences method.

I simply followed the instructions of option + command while opening FCP then delete preferences. Yes it will probably still hang on validating audio units but what I did was left it for a few mins to validate, then repeated the steps.

This seem to speed up the process some how because every time I would repeat the steps and open FCP it would jump further in the process.

For me I am using M1 Pro 16" MBP and the audio units that were struggling were Waves plugins that aren't compatible anyways but I need them for Logic so the temp trick of moving them out of the folder or renaming the folder to open FCP, honestly is a waste of time for me, it works but a time waster.

Simply Apple and Devs need to just add the option to disable audio units, like I know being a Dev isn't easy but the amount of stuff I do not use in FCP that probably is also useless for most other, the least they could do is a script to disable audio unit validation at start up.

Final Cut Pro gets stuck on loading audio components. Wont Open!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.