Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data not working on my iPhone

hello it has been 3 days my cellular data not working please help me to fix it

thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 1, 2023 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 6:03 AM

My phone works well on Wi-Fi but will not connect on cellular. I have reset several times and it will even show 4 bars on phone?

70 replies

Oct 7, 2023 8:06 AM in response to JoonasNik

Hi, I know it’s been a while but I’m wondering if you were ever able to resolve this issue? I have been having the same problem, also starting around June. I have tried everything and at this point I am ready to just go to an android or switch providers… I’m not even sure. But I’m done with calling support and having them tell me that my phone seems perfectly fine. 10 minutes later it goes into SOS mode in the middle of a call

Jan 24, 2024 5:19 AM in response to logicpro7composer

My iPhone 12 won’t let me use data also. I am not going to purchase another phone all cause of an update that Apple had to do which was, in my opinion, unnecessary. Now I connect my phone to my works WiFi because I cannot even text properly or send out text without it. Not can I make calls and I have done a reset on my phone hoping it would work out but nothing is really working. I called my cellular company and they couldn’t help me. I am not purchasing a new phone if I don’t have too.

Dec 3, 2023 10:52 AM in response to Nishteman

Me too since the update to iOS 17.1.1 the iPhone SE 2020 is no longer asking for the sim-pin and if the sim dialogue shows up there is no mobile data exchange happening.

I have no ideas what Apple is doing in the last years but there are too many basic bugs. I hope thy fix this one over night because I need my iPhone for working tomorrow…

I did try the hot reset with no avail. What now Apple?

May 1, 2023 11:29 PM in response to Nishteman

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your cellular data. There could be several reasons why your cellular data is not working, but here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can fix minor software issues.
  2. Check your data plan: Make sure that you have enough data on your plan and that you haven't reached your data limit.
  3. Check for any network outages: Contact your mobile carrier or check their website to see if there are any network outages in your area.
  4. Check your APN settings: Make sure that your Access Point Name (APN) settings are correct. You can usually find these in your phone's settings under "Mobile Networks" or "Cellular Data."
  5. Reset network settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your network settings. This will reset all of your network settings to their default values, so you'll need to re-enter any Wi-Fi passwords.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact your mobile carrier for further assistance.

Dec 27, 2023 11:47 AM in response to Nishteman

My data hasn’t been working either. I’m thinking it’s maybe the carrier atp because the same **** was happening with my last phone because I thought maybe the phone was the issue the whole reason I upgraded to the 14 was because I thought that would resolve the issue but just like when I first got the 11 my data would work for like a day or two and then never again. The ***** so annoying when I paid this much for the phone AND it’s data but I can’t even use it😑

Cellular data not working on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.