Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

The new customize your wallpaper with lock phone

Why does Apple think we have nothing better to do than to change our wall paper everyday. It’s annoying. Is it because that want us to wear out our phone sooner or is the a spy function imbedded .

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 2, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 8:49 AM

And why exactly do you think they want you to change your wallpaper everyday?

Just because the option exists, doesn't mean you have to use it.

How does changing a wallpaper equate to there being a spy function?

Why would changing a wallpaper wear out a phone?

Also, unless you are pressing down on the screen, you should not even get the option to change it. If you are doing something to bring up the option, why is Apple in any way responsible for that? Stop pressing down on the screen, and you won't get the option to change it. If you do get it, you are free to not change, and entirely ignore it.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 8:49 AM in response to reta911

And why exactly do you think they want you to change your wallpaper everyday?

Just because the option exists, doesn't mean you have to use it.

How does changing a wallpaper equate to there being a spy function?

Why would changing a wallpaper wear out a phone?

Also, unless you are pressing down on the screen, you should not even get the option to change it. If you are doing something to bring up the option, why is Apple in any way responsible for that? Stop pressing down on the screen, and you won't get the option to change it. If you do get it, you are free to not change, and entirely ignore it.

Aug 18, 2023 9:29 AM in response to ConnieMcC

ConnieMcC wrote:

How can I use the phone without "pressing down on the screen"?

Why do you need to be pressing down on the screen while it is locked?

What does "pressing down on the screen" even mean? Does it include tapping and poking? Where on the screen? Anywhere? In a specific place? I have no idea what I'm doing that causes this to happen, so I can't stop doing it.

You are pressing and holding on the screen while the phone is locked.

This is a setting.

Technically, it's not a setting. It's a feature. You can certainly let Apple know you don't like this feature here:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 4, 2023 6:35 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

One of my problems was not knowing what the Lock Screen was! I know I know. I finally looked it up and the wall paper picture of my dogs on the lock screen is what I want. It's the home screen that decided to make stuff up. I deactivated Focus and the home screen and it's now staying as a solid green instead of the same as the the lock screen image. That's ok. I can live with that. Thank you for your time and hopefully this will also help some other.

[Edited by Moderator]

Aug 18, 2023 9:26 AM in response to Phil0124

How can I use the phone without "pressing down on the screen"? What does "pressing down on the screen" even mean? Does it include tapping and poking? Where on the screen? Anywhere? In a specific place? I have no idea what I'm doing that causes this to happen, so I can't stop doing it. When it comes up I don't know how to avoid continuing with the "option" or how to avoid accidentally getting rid of the one lock screen photo that I do use.

This is a setting. It should not come up without the user's intention. Apple is responsible for making settings something that you choose to do (in fact, usually you have to use the Search to find out where the heck most

Aug 18, 2023 12:40 PM in response to reta911

reta911 wrote:

That was awhile ago and I don't know what I meant about pressing down. But I appreciate your time. I deleted the Focus app and it no longer wasting my time by changing my wall paper.

Focus is not an app you can delete so I don't really understand what you're talking about. But, as long as you've gotten things working the way you want, that's all that matters.

The new customize your wallpaper with lock phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.