Too many email adverts!

Hi. Ever since I set up my MacBook Pro 13, I've been receiving these weird emails in my hotmail which I think is linked to my Apple account. I have done all I can to stop these mails from entering my hotmail but to no avail. I think Apple somehow permitted adverts to be sent to my mail and they keep bombarding me almost every 5 minutes!

Please how do I get these mails to stop? I have tried unsubscribing but they said it'll take 10 days to process. I have blocked, sent to junk, reported as spam but these emails have defied solution. I need help cos I'm going crazy. My phone keeps buzzing. I can't even sleep!

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 12:01 PM

You don't have to consider it, but it remains an option. Continue to mark the messages as spam or junk. The Mail app's junk mail filter definitely learns, but it takes time.

When an email address becomes overwhelmed with spam, abandon it. It's not like you're married to it or anything.

Your question implies you might be using that email address as your Apple ID, so before abandoning it altogether be sure to familiarize yourself with Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. Read all the steps, including Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support. Don't create a new Apple ID.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 12:01 PM in response to Matokzy

You don't have to consider it, but it remains an option. Continue to mark the messages as spam or junk. The Mail app's junk mail filter definitely learns, but it takes time.

When an email address becomes overwhelmed with spam, abandon it. It's not like you're married to it or anything.

Your question implies you might be using that email address as your Apple ID, so before abandoning it altogether be sure to familiarize yourself with Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. Read all the steps, including Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support. Don't create a new Apple ID.

May 2, 2023 12:30 PM in response to Matokzy

Junk mail tends to come in spurts.

It's best to reserve use of your Apple ID email address exclusively for Apple ID purposes and nothing else. If your email address gets out, it's just a matter of time before it becomes useless.

iCloud Mail offers the ability to create "aliases" to be used if you have a need to provide an email address that may become known to spam-bots: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support. That's what I give to people who insist they would never, ever give my email address to anyone else 🙄

Too many email adverts!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.