Airpods Pro Firmware Update

how can I update my airpods pro (1st Generation)?

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:42 PM

SepehrAzk Said:

"Airpods Pro Firmware Update: how can I update my airpods pro (1st Generation)?"

-------

Updating Airpods to the Latest Firmware:

A. Pair These:

Connect and pair these to a device that itself is already connected to the Internet. The firmware will be updated itself.

B. Lean More here: About Firmware Updates for AirPods - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 11:42 PM in response to SepehrAzk

SepehrAzk Said:

"Airpods Pro Firmware Update: how can I update my airpods pro (1st Generation)?"

-------

Updating Airpods to the Latest Firmware:

A. Pair These:

Connect and pair these to a device that itself is already connected to the Internet. The firmware will be updated itself.

B. Lean More here: About Firmware Updates for AirPods - Apple Support

May 2, 2023 11:44 PM in response to SepehrAzk

To update your AirPods Pro (1st Generation) to the latest firmware version, follow these steps:

1. Ensure that your AirPods Pro are connected to your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) and that they are charged.
  2. Open the Settings app on your iOS device and tap on "General".
  3. Scroll down and tap on "About".
  4. Scroll down and select "AirPods" from the list of devices.
  5. Check the "Firmware Version" number. If the version number is not the latest, you will need to update your AirPods Pro.
  6. If an update is available, make sure your AirPods Pro are still connected to your iOS device and place them inside their charging case.
  7. Keep the charging case near your iOS device and connected to a power source.
  8. With your AirPods Pro in their charging case and the lid closed, wait for at least 15 minutes to ensure that they have enough battery to complete the update.
  9. After waiting, open the lid of the charging case near your iOS device and the update should start automatically.
  10. Wait for the update to complete. It may take up to 10 minutes for the update to finish.
  11. Once the update is complete, you can check the firmware version number again to ensure that it has been updated to the latest version.

That's it! Your AirPods Pro should now be updated to the latest firmware version. If you have any issues updating your AirPods Pro, make sure to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Airpods Pro Firmware Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.