Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music playing too fast on iphone

Hi

music has suddenly started playing too fast on my iPhone. It did an update to ios16 and seems to have gone wrong.

How do I slow it down back to normal?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2023 3:26 PM

I spent a few hours correcting it, wrote it up here and received 40 something thank you emails. Then Apple took it down and said that it was not technical, which it was. Unfortunately those were my only notes.

I hereby give up on sharing knowledge here

8 replies

May 18, 2023 5:05 AM in response to Klb4949

Same thing is happening to me. On both my Mac and iPhone, but not all the time.

I was playing around to figure out why and I’m not sure if I’m hearing things, so I’m hoping someone else can give this a try . .

In Accessibility/Spoken Content change the speed of the Speaking rate. It seems that when I slowed down the speaking rate to be just in the middle between the turtle and the hare, my song playback normalized.

(to be clear, I do not have Spoken Content turned ON)

Anyone else agree?

Feb 24, 2024 8:42 AM in response to Ljenks

I solved it on my phone. My Macs didn’t have the issue. My issues started with iOS 16 when I also accepted a trial of Apple Music.

Have spent untold hours on this. I cancelled Apple Music as Cellular & WiFi always seem to cause the issue even when I’m playing my purchased music from Amazon and eMusic.

Also turned off crossfade and that helps a lot. By far the most important step seems to turn off cellular data for music and podcasts.

Feb 25, 2024 1:13 PM in response to Klb4949

The reason is that Apple Music on the iPhone requires cellular data which makes it impossible to play at a normal speed consistently until data is fully buffered. If you’re playing previously purchased music (Amazon, eMusic, etc) moved to the iPhone as mp3 files it is not nearly that bad. Apple podcast player has the same issues for the same reasons.

I cancelled Apple Music immediately when it completely ruined my ability to play Music while driving with the Maps Navigation. After that I kept tinkering and eliminated My trial Apple Music. It got a little better.

it still had the problem and soon I noticed that the Marvis player had registered itself as an Apple Music subscriber and it got better after that.

Apple’s model is not going to work reliably until they engineer and buffer to accommodate current cellular speeds and cellular data plan limits. Also you must turn off cross fade in Apple Music. This is going to take quite a few revisions. I became a loyal Apple user because the iPhone was such a great music player in a great device. That has really been lost in the revisions

I’m considering using an Android phone in my car for driving with GPS and music.

Music playing too fast on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.